Specializing in analysis of historic resources such as bridges, highways, buildings, dams, levees, railroads, and irrigation systems within the framework established by the National Historic Preservation Act and its implementing regulation 36 CFR 800 (Section 106).
What We Do
Deputy Principal Stephen Austin, M.A. directs Architectural History and Built Environment Services division at Drayton. Mr. Austin has extensive experience conducting historic property inventories in the United States and meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in History and Architectural History. We offer a host of services pertaining to historic research, documentation, and compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulation.
Our services include:
- Historic resources surveys and inventory: reconnaissance and intensive level
- Archival Research and literature reviews
- Historic property research and documentation
- Historic context statement
- Ethnographic and oral history
- Significance and integrity evaluations
- Determination of eligibility per the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)
- Determination of effect
- Photographic documentation
- National, state, and local register nominations
- Multiple properties submissions and nominations
- Historic American Building Survey (HABS) and Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) documentation
Mr. Austin offers his experience in state government to Drayton’s clients by providing a suite of services related to the planning and execution of cultural resources regulations pertinent to the built environment.
- Public outreach and consulting parties’ organization
- Client to agency consultation
- Policy formation and consultation
- Cultural resources trainings (Section 106, Section 4(f), E.O. 21-02, etc.)
- Avoidance, minimization, and mitigation consultation
- Programmatic Agreement (PA), Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) reviews
Drayton Archaeology is a full-service Cultural Resource Management (CRM) firm offering expertise in Archaeology, Built Environment, and Historic Properties.
PO Box 782, Blaine, 98231